Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Have you prepared something yet for the special woman in your life? In the United States and many other parts of the world, Mother’s Day is celebrated every second Sunday of May each year. It is a day to honor all the women in the world who made sacrifices to give birth and care for their child/children. It is that one day every year when all of us give our Moms an extra-special day simply because she has given us unconditional love every day of the year.
Aside from the fact that it’s a day for beloved Moms, how much do you know about the second Sunday of May? Here are some Mother’s Day facts you might find interesting.
- Anna Jarvis, an American activist, received credit to have been the founder of Mother’s Day in the United States. After years of campaigning, she successfully made this day a special one for every mother in America.
- President Woodrow Wilson signed a law to make Mother’s Day in the United States every second Sunday of May. This law was signed on May 9, 1914. Wow! More than 100 years ago!
- It is believed that Mother’s Day was first celebrated before the law was even signed. In the states of West Virginia and Pennsylvania, it could have been as early as 1908 when Mother’s Day first came to be.
- The woman who founded Mother’s Day eventually “disliked” Mother’s Day because of its “commercialization.” Anna Jarvis allegedly said that it became a “Hallmark Holiday.”
- Aside from the holiday season, Mother’s Day is considered one of the “highest spend” days in the United States. Many spend on beautiful gifts, greeting cards, dinners, clothes, jewelry, dinners, and of course, the most popular gift for mothers – flowers.
Looking for a flower delivery service this coming Mother’s Day? Look no further! If you want beautiful, classy, elegant, and unique flowers for the exceptional woman in your life on her special day, Le Bouquet Fleurs is here to help. Choose from beautiful bouquets, stunning roses, and flower arrangements and we’ll deliver it straight to your doorstep. You can also consider our exclusive table side delivery if you are dining out. Just give us a call at (407) 986-1049 for details!